• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Reeve

Hello,

I'm looking to find a bit more info on my great grandfather, Albert Edward Reeve. I know he was born in islip, near thrapston, northants, june 1902. He was a brick layer/labourer inbetween serving with the army. He first joined up when he was 14, to the 1st battalian northampton regt to be trained as a drummer. His army number was 5875192. According to his service book, he served at home from 1916-19 and was sent to france in feb 1919. Home again may 19-21 and then india sept 21- nov 25 then home again. He was in china for 1927. I have his national insurance number, E5 51 34 65 B.

I have quite a bit of documentation covering his time in the army but nothing to do with his family. His son is my grandfather, so i know from him down, but i know nothing of Albert's parents or siblings apart from his mum was called Rose Anna/Anne/Annie and that his father wasn't around when he joined the army at 14. I would love to find some records that could lead me to info about his parents and siblings.

Thought this was the best place to put this as he served in several places and i have his army number etc. I'm hoping that will give me a head start on finding info on him, but i wouldn't know where to look at the moment, so any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jen