• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Registration Index

Hi, hoping someone might be able to steer me in the right direction. There are 3 people with the same name as my gr-grandfather, Benjamin Johnson, in the April, May, June Index in 1867.

My gr-grandfather was born in Gidney's End, Lincolnshire (April 1867). In the index registry for that time, there is a BJ born in Bethnal Green, in Holbeach, and in St. George. So I have the volume and page number to order a certificate, but alas...which one? I don't know the geography of the local area, so maybe it is logically one over another but I just don't know.

I only know his father's name (William) and his mother's first name (Ann)only. However the Registry office only gives the maiden name of the mother as a check to see if it is the right person to order the certificate...sigh...exactly the information I'm looking for.

Since I'm in Canada and it seems they only have the option to send by mail, it gets to be a bit costly to order all three in order to eliminate two.

Does anyone know of a way that I can first verify the correct Benjamin in the registration index volume page before I order?

Thanks very much,

Victoria