• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Research the Dead. Annoy the Living.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

I am a complete genealogy addict and I suffer from Genealogytuberculoisis and Genealogists Pox. I am often totally encroached in researching every minute details of my ancestors and often it can drive my family mad.

My dad on my fave ancestor "Well you never knew him".

My brother on my RO researchs "You like to be in record offices looking up old people".

My mum "Do you want to save your money on our next trip to Australia or do you want to buy certificates on dead people".

Us addicts do very often jar off the living by our addiction to this subject. The new phrase "Research the dead, annoy the living".

Ben

Thats ok Ben,

My family just think I nuts:D , I don't do anything but work and get on my computer or going to cemeteries. Even though I keep in touch with more of my family than any of the others (cousins ect...) most of the time I bring my computer so I can put in their information while I there. But I really don't think unless they do it themselves, that they will ever understand the thrill you feel when you get the tiniest new information on someone that you have been searching for. :biggrin: I just love it. Joyce

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Joyce

Often I am on the computer finding info on an ancestor when someone in my family is trying to talk to me about the latest gossip from the village, holiday and such. I can become very engrossed.

As you said, the tiniest thread of info on an ancestor that you never knew before is brilliant.

Ben