• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Researching Baxter and Elsworth Family

Website
candypfau.blogspot.com
Hello. I am a new forum member. Researching my great grandparents, John Baxter and Julia Elsworth Baxter. I have found one distant cousin, Gordon Elsworth in Poole England. He is a distant cousin on my great grandmother Julia Elsworth side. I have found no one distantly related to her husband, my great grandfather John Baxter. John Baxter was born in Houghton, England. He owned a stone mason shop in Huntingdon as a man. When he was around age 40 he immigrated to Toronto Canada with is family of wife Julia, daughters Blanche, Rose, Irene (my grandma) and one son Jack. Any help would be appreciated. I have been to Huntingdon in 1997 but only had about one hour to research and it was close to 6pm so many things were closed. I have not been to Dorset as yet. In 2008 I visited London but did not have time for any research. (I have photographs of John Baxter in front of his stone mason shop in Huntingdon (would be around 1900) and more recent photographs of John and Julia. I have never seen any photographs of Fred and Louise Elsworth who were Julia Elsworth Baxter's parents. I have one very very old photograph of John Baxter's mother Granny Baxter. (not sure of her first name but I believe it was Marian) Granny Baxter owned the Unicorn Pub in Houghton England. (that is the current name, in her time it was named The Greyhound Pub.