• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Richard Bustin Born 1684.

From
Wales
I know Richard Bustin was born about 1684 at Saint Mary Magdalene, Oxford but need to know his parents were? can anyone help please? thanks.
Gwen :)

http://www.stmarymagdalenoxford.org.uk/history.cfm

Hi Gwen....a longshot but why not drop these an email on the contact.

Most historical places like St Mary's in Oxford will have locals who research or write down the history.
They may put you in touch with a historian who knows where the records are or who can get a look at them.......that far back its a longshot but maybe worth a go.

Good luck Gwen

Lee

PS,also at the bottom of the link is an email address for someone who wrote a book on the church....another longshot but who knows.

Last edited:
Looking at the OxFHS Marriage index CD. There are a couple of possibilties for parents.

Marriages.

Anthony Bustin to Jane Townes - 10 Sep 1676 @ Wykham, Berkshire.
George Bustin to Dorothy Crosse - 20 Sep 1668 @ Charlbury.

Don't help much, but it's a start.:rolleyes::2fun:

Steve.:)

During a 2010 visit to the Melbourne and the Museum, my sister and I went to the Titanic exhibition, when entering the ship, everyone was given the name of a passenger. We saw the cabins, and where they would have been.. The idea was to follow that persons experiences on the trip and whether they were saved or not. It was so interesting, we came back to the motel and traced the names on the internet.It was a very impressionable display.
There is so much to read about it.

Sorry, got off topic then...

Hi

I was contacted by a great niece of Amy a few years ago who went to one of these exhibitions and as coincidence would have it she was actualy given Amys ticket, talk about fate playing strange tricks.

Hi
Just an update I have now received a reply from the parish priest of Oxford St Mary Magdalen who kindly is going to send me photocopies of the typed records that are taken from the records of 1600-1726 and shows some records of the Bustin family but unfortunately do not appear to show the baptism of Richard but do show his sons. So as they say Watch This Space!! maybe something may show on those those copies. Gwen :)

Hi Gwen

I take it you know when Richard Bustin married?

Also a lot of people from Oxfordshire went to Oxford to get married. I have found that in my Oxford ancestors. I think it could be to do with parish vicars also holding a place in Oxford churches.

Ben

Hi Gwen

I take it you know when Richard Bustin married?

Also a lot of people from Oxfordshire went to Oxford to get married. I have found that in my Oxford ancestors. I think it could be to do with parish vicars also holding a place in Oxford churches.

Ben

Hi Ben
I have the marriage on 7 October 1705 to Anne Kent, I am still waiting for the photo coppies which I think the parish priest may be sending by mail. Hopefully that will give me more info as I think some of the records from the Oxford Family History may be incomplete.
Gwen:)

I also have many Oxford FHS records. Esp for Oxford and the Abingdon and Woodstock areas.

He may have been baptised in a nearby parish or in rural Oxfordshire. Bustin is quite a rare name luckily.

I also have many Oxford FHS records. Esp for Oxford and the Abingdon and Woodstock areas.

He may have been baptised in a nearby parish or in rural Oxfordshire. Bustin is quite a rare name luckily.

Hi Benny,

I have a few of the disks but cannot find him, He may be in the St Giles area but I have not found him, Tha name is also listed in some records as BUSTIAN. Iwould be grateful if anyone can find anything about him as he is a brick wall for me.

Gwen will these records be available to view in Oxford...i could pop in and look if you know where the written records are available to view.

Gwen will these records be available to view in Oxford...i could pop in and look if you know where the written records are available to view.

Hi Lee,

That would be fantastic, Hopefuly the parish priest of Oxford St Mary Magdalen is sending me photo copies of their parish records but he cannot find Richards birth in about 1684, he has his children born cica 1720 including son Richard in 1725. I think there were strong ties with St Giles around that time so maybe Richard 1684 was from that area?

Thank you. Gwen :)

Back