• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Richard Pitman OUTRIDGE & family in 1851

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
I'm trying to see if Richard Pitman OUTRIDGE & family are in the 1851 Census.

Richard Pitman b. 1826 Shepton Mallet, Somerset
Eleanor b. abt 1829 ? England
Richard b. Sep Q 1848 Middlesex
Arthur Henry b. 1 Mar 1850 ?

Births Sep 1848
OUTRIDGE Richard Bethnal Gr 2 43

Some say Arthur was born in New Zealand but I can't find a birth there nor have I found the shipping record yet.

Thanks.

Dave

Hi Dave,

haven't found what you were looking for but I noticed his marriage so just in case I thought I put it in.;) joyce

Eleanor McDonald
Year of Registration: 1847
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
District: Hackney
County: Greater London, London, Middlesex
Volume: 3
Page: 138

Richard Pitman Outridge
Year of Registration: 1847
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
District: Hackney
County: Greater London, London, Middlesex
Volume: 3
Page: 138

michael71

Hi Dave

Saw your post and have just joined the Forum. Richard, Eleanor and son Richard left London on board the Larkins that sailed from London on 7 June 1849 and arrived in Nelson New Zealand (NZ) on 18 November 1849.

Steerage Passengers

Richard P Outridge M 22 Cooper
Eleanor Outridge F 21 Wife
Richard C 10 months

The family stayed in New Zealand until 1960 when Eleanor and children left NZ on board the Lord Ashley arriving in Sydney on 15 May 1860. Four boys and a girl were born in NZ.

I have been researching the Outridge family for a number of years and am unable to find the date of the death of Richard Pitman or where he died.

Hope this helps
Regards - Michael

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for the delay in replying. I moved from one country to another and it took ages to ship my computer and to arrange a new internet connection.

This is all I have found so far for the latest date:
NZ 1881 Electoral Rolls
Electorate Motueka
Number 788
Surname OUTRIDGE
Given Names Richard P

You say four boys and a girl were born in NZ but I have that as 5 & 1.

Arthur Henry 1850
George Edward 1851
Frederick Andrew 1853
female 1854
Collingwood James 1857
Alfred St John 1859

Regards,

Dave

michael71

Morning Dave

Yes, you are correct - it was 5 boys and one girl. I have been unable to trace Richard Pitman since about 1863/1864 when his youngest son Percival Pitman was born in Brisbane. There have been many conjectures as to where and when he died. Your note re the 1881 entry in NZ may be a clue that I need to follow up.

Michael

Hi Dave

Saw your post and have just joined the Forum. Richard, Eleanor and son Richard left London on board the Larkins that sailed from London on 7 June 1849 and arrived in Nelson New Zealand (NZ) on 18 November 1849.

Steerage Passengers

Richard P Outridge M 22 Cooper
Eleanor Outridge F 21 Wife
Richard C 10 months

The family stayed in New Zealand until 1960 when Eleanor and children left NZ on board the Lord Ashley arriving in Sydney on 15 May 1860. Four boys and a girl were born in NZ.

I have been researching the Outridge family for a number of years and am unable to find the date of the death of Richard Pitman or where he died.

Hope this helps
Regards - Michael
Hi Michael, my name is Cameron Outridge and I am researching my family tree. Richard Pitman Outridge was my great, great grandad. I can send you here if you want to have a look at what I have gleaned so far (it's rough yet)... http://trees.ancestry.com.au/tree/46562153/person/6561701434?addnew=1&msg=ne&et=occupation
If you have any info on Richard Pitman Outridge (and the link to "Pitman"), I would much appreciate it.
Thanks in advance for your consideration, Cameron.

Hi Cameron

You will see Michael has not been on line since June. May I suggest you make anopther post. Soon after your third post, your name turns green and you can then send him a private message which should go into his email box

regards

dave

Hi Michael, my name is Cameron Outridge and I am researching my family tree. Richard Pitman Outridge was my great, great grandad. I can send you here if you want to have a look at what I have gleaned so far (it's rough yet)... http://trees.ancestry.com.au/tree/46562153/family
If you have any info on Richard Pitman Outridge (and the link to "Pitman"), I would much appreciate it.
Thanks in advance for your consideration, Cameron.