• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

richard spicer

nicola08

i'm looking for information on richard spicer. richard spicer born 1722 sussex. when did he die? his parents are richard spicer 1682-1749 and mary (uknown last name) 1691? richard spicer married mary ashby. i dont know anything about her.

please help
thanks
nicola

nainmaddie

Loyal Member
Hi Nicola

You don't actually say which Richard married Mary Ashby.
The marriage was in Stanmer 19 Aug 1746
Other than that there are no further records in Family Search.

East Sussex Record office which will have the records probably is in Lewes in the Castle precincts in the middle of the town.

I would suggest you spend a day there and see how much they have to offer you, quite a lot I suspect.

By now you should have realised that we do not always have access to the Parish records on line, and that you will have to do some foot work.

Sadly I have no knowledge at all of Mary Ashby., and I doubt that anyone else does either !! A bit before our time !!

I do hope that you thanked Brian for all his information and advice that he gave you. Do follow the links that he gave you for Ringmer.

Maddie