• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Rickster63 - A waters from England now in Australia

From
Australia
Hi all, I am new to this geneology/ancestary stuff, so please excuse my ignorance.

My name is Richard, from Central West NSW Australia.
I live here with my wife Debra (Australian) and our son Benjamin.

I was born 1963 in Norwich Norfolk England.
My Fathers origin in Ramsgate Kent England 1938.
My Mothers origin (Bishop) is Sussex England 1935.

I am trying to trace further back than my grandfather William Waters also from the Ramsgate/Sandwich Area in Kent.

Hi Richard,
welcome to the FHUK forums :)
Hi all, I am new to this geneology/ancestary stuff, so please excuse my ignorance.
dont worry we all have to start somewhere, and we at FHUK are delighted to have you on board
I was born 1963 in Norwich Norfolk England.
My Fathers origin in Ramsgate Kent England 1938.
My Mothers origin (Bishop) is Sussex England 1935.

I am trying to trace further back than my grandfather William Waters also from the Ramsgate/Sandwich Area in Kent

all you need to do is post your questions on the relevant forums, along with any information that you do have, and our great team on FHUK will do their best to help you in any way they can, we wish you every success in your quest to find your ancestoral past and we hope you enjoy the FHUK forums.
Best regards StericoO0 helpusall

Hi

Welcome to the forums. I known Norwich well.

Do you know roughly when William Waters was born? This may help us help you look for him in the birth indexes and his parents?

Ben

Hi, having just starting with your group, I am trying to find out who the parents of Mary Ann Gray born 1869 at Aston Abbotts, Buckinghamshire, England. She died in Australia and on her death certificate her parents are William Gray and Ann Smith. I have been on Familysearch.org but not having any luck. I have found a William Gray married to Hannah Smith but not sure if this is her family. please help. Julie

Can you tell us anything else about Mary Ann Gray, did she marry after arriving here, arrival, did she arrive on her own? Some of these might have details of parents etc.

Maybe a moderator might be able to move this thread to one of it's own??

Last edited:
Hi Gibbo, Mary Ann Gray left England aboard the ship Quetta and arrived in 1889 to marry Francis Harry Gray on the 30 Sep 1889, they had a family and lived in Bundaberg Queensland Australia. On her death certificate it states that her parents are Mother: Anna Smith Father: William Gray.
Mary Ann travelled with her cousin William Gray who married and lived in Rockhampton.
Francis Harry Gray arrived in Bundaberg in 1888 aboard the ship Earl of Granville. His mother is Anne Gray. So what I am trying to discover if Mary Ann's mother Anna is short for Hannah. If so Francis' mother and Mary Anns' father were siblings. Unless there is another couple. I am doing my research through Familysearch.org. I find that sometimes people change some or part of their names, which becomes confusing. It is also very hard to find mothers maiden name.

Hoping someone can help
thanking you
Julie

There is no way with the current software to select individual posts and move them.

No mother's maiden name.

GRAY, FRANCIS HARRY -
GRO Reference: 1868 M Quarter in LEIGHTON BUZZARD Volume 03B Page 402

1871 Grandson
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KXST-93T

Marriages Dec Qtr 1867
GRAY William Aylesbury 3a 777
SMITH Hannah Aylesbury 3a 777

Last edited:
Ann Gray
Age 27
Birth Year (Estimated) 1844
Birthplace Bierton, Buckinghamshire

GRAY, ANN - LEVER
GRO Reference: 1843 M Quarter in OF POTTERSPURY Volume 15 Page 363

John Gray
Marriage 20 November 1831
Potterspury
Spouses Ann Lever

Last edited:
Hi Julie, do you have the 1889 marriage certificate? If not it might be worth obtaining it as it should have, if filled out correctly, information on their parents. Even tho death certificates can hold a wealth of information there can be errors due to the informants information.

Marriage registration:
Mary Ann Gray
Marriage date:
30/09/1889
Spouse's name: Harry Gray
Registration details: 1889/C/132

Last edited:
I haven't found any birth or christening document for any of that family belonging to James Gray and Grace Eustache, not even a marriage documents. Have only the census to find dates and names

Back