• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Robert Darling b1820 Soho, England

My first question on the forum so please bear with me!

I'm trying to track down details of my aunt Gladys Alma Lillian Darling b19 Sep 1888 in Newbridge, Ireland, d31 May 1969 in Isleworth London. She is the grandaughter of Robert Darling who had 7 children, one of which is my great grandmother Dora Lillian Darling b10 Nov 1856, d1937. On the 1901 census, Gladys was living with the widowed Dora Lillian Bedford and was described as Niece aged 12.

I have an Irish birth registration slip but this doesn't name the mother and father. Can anyone help me determine who is the mother and father please?

Being Dora's niece and retaining the name Darling, I assume her father was a son of Robert which leaves a choice of Robert Penman Darling b1943, Thomas Richard Darling b1845, Charles Horace Darling b1850 or William A Darling b1853.