• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Rooming House Residents after 1911 England census.

From
Canada
I am still having trouble trying to find a list of residents at a 'rooming house' in Hampstead, London for late 1912 and 1913. The address in question is 41 Rosslyn Hill and the last name I am searching for is either Gage, Read or Reade. Any comments/suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

Hi.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, it is not the owner of the rooming house I am looking for, only one of the tenants. Obviously an ancestor of mine, a lady, but was not living there at the time of the 1911 census. I would like to know if she had one or two children with her in late 1912 and 1913.
I checked that website for the street. Looks like a nice area, wonder what it was like in 1912?
Thanks again.

Hi.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, it is not the owner of the rooming house I am looking for, only one of the tenants. Obviously an ancestor of mine, a lady, but was not living there at the time of the 1911 census. I would like to know if she had one or two children with her in late 1912 and 1913.
I checked that website for the street. Looks like a nice area, wonder what it was like in 1912?
Thanks again.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
But those houses would pretty much as you see them there, in 1912, just the roads and pavements different and the traffic.

Steve.:)

Back