• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

RSS Forum Feeds

Hi myroots,

Its a way of knowing whats new on a particular site - without actually going on the site. For example, I use Firefox and have it set up for this site - so when a new post comes in - Firefox tells me. I can read a certain amout or click the link to take me to the message.
ANother way to get it is to download the FHUK Toolbar - it has the RSS links already linked in ready for you.

Heres some links about RSS:

What is RSS?
As defined by Wikipedia, RSS (acronymic for Really Simple Syndication) is "a group of XML based web-content distribution and republication (Web syndication) formats primarily used by news sites and weblogs (blogs)." Essentially, an RSS feed is a hosted XML file from which your RSS newsreader pulls headlines, URLs, and other content as it is updated.

Need RSS software?
To get started, you'll need to download and install a free RSS newsreader client. Many are available (some as browser extensions); see Google's list here. Point your software to RSS feeds of interest, and you're done!

All the best,
Dave

Back