• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Ruined buildings in my local area.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
St Peter, North Burlingham, Norfolk. Was last used in 1936. Now falling into ruin. I do love ruined buildings.

The grave of a local Esquire who died in August 1763. James Burkine Esq who died aged 32. I think his grandfather who died in 1729 is buried nearby. A very family history looking scene.

Fallen roof of the back entrance to the church. Get DIY SOS onto the job. :2fun:

Old tower, Fleggburgh, Norfolk. In a remote location, the only way to access it is walk down the side of a field, turn right a few hundred yards then right again a hundred yards. I bet it is really peaceful at night. I was sneaky and cut across the field towards the country lane to the car of the way back.

An arch of the tower from the inside shaft of the tower which one time had a few floors. May have been an old fort.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Would be a great day for any descendents of James Burkin who were on this forum wanting to find his grave and they saw a photo of it. :eek:

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
I like the tower in Fleggburgh. It has the nearby road named after it and that is just a country lane leading from the main A road into Fleggburgh. A very peaceful area and I grew up in nearby Rollesby.