• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Salford parish registers

Hi all
Does anyone have access to the Manchester/Salford parish birth registers? Or how can I get access to the records? Buy a CD?
Looking for birth of James Clarke to a John Clarke soldier in 1825/26 Salford. Cannot establish a mother nor find a definate baptism record for him. I have tried, OPC, A****Y, IGI, Googled everything. :rolleyes:
Found a couple in different areas of Manchester but on the census records I found he states on them all from 1851 that he was born Salford. Beginning to think he may have been illegitimate and just used his dad's name on his marriage cert in 1846. (had this happen before in another branch but was able to establish true father by the baptism church record).
I tried to find him with dad John in 1841 before he got married but no luck. I found him in 1851 when he had already married Sarah Brown, but can't go back any further.
Found a James born to a John and Jane in Warrington on 27/6/1824 and a James born to a John and Mary in Edenfield (born Bacup) baptised 20/5/1832 but can't be sure which one is mine (if either) as none in Salford.
Karen