• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Samuel Seaman and Lydia Dible

Ellie7

Loyal Member
Marriage Banns 7 Nov.1802 Fring ,Norfolk -no other data on record
Marriage 10 Nov.1802 Fring,Norfolk-no other data on record
Marriage 10 nov.1802 Framingham, Norfolk-This is the record I am hoping someone can find. GGG Grandparents

Ellie

Ellie7

Loyal Member
Thank You, I have that one. I believe Lydia is the Daughter of Richard Dible, son of Thomas Dible and Lydia Dible ,Swanton Abbot, as his daughter Winifred is also on that record. Have not got a clue about Samuel Seaman. Died c1841 Wisbech. Richard Dible died at Anmer. Trying to find Framington record, and why there .

Ellie

horse

Loyal Member
There is a Framington Earl and a Framington Pigot, both have one church each, can't see any individual records available online :rolleyes:

Fring and Framington are not too close as you may know. Certainly a bit of a mystery at the moment :rolleyes:

Geoff

horse

Loyal Member
Thank You, I have that one. I believe Lydia is the Daughter of Richard Dible, son of Thomas Dible and Lydia Dible ,Swanton Abbot, as his daughter Winifred is also on that record. Have not got a clue about Samuel Seaman. Died c1841 Wisbech. Richard Dible died at Anmer. Trying to find Framington record, and why there .

Ellie
Is this the record you mean?

County Norfolk
Place Fring
Church name All Saints
Register type Unspecified
Register entry number 75
Marriage date 10 Nov 1802
Groom forename Samuel
Groom surname SEAMAN
Groom condition Batchelor
Groom parish Fring
Bride forename Lydia
Bride surname DIBLE
Bride condition Spinster
Bride parish Fring
Witness1 forename Winifred
Witness1 surname DIBLE
Witness2 forename Thomas
Witness2 surname HARRISON
Notes By Banns:

Geoff

horse

Loyal Member
County Norfolk
Place Fring
Church name All Saints
Register type Unspecified
Register entry number 83
Marriage date 5 Nov 1804
Groom forename Humphrey
Groom surname SHERRY
Groom condition Batchelor
Groom parish Fring
Bride forename Winifred
Bride surname DIBLE
Bride condition Spinster
Bride parish Fring
Witness1 forename Will.
Witness1 surname MASON
Witness2 forename Lydia
Witness2 surname SEAMAN

Notes By Banns: his mark her mark

Fring is looking more likely...

Geoff

Ellie7

Loyal Member
Thanks Geoff, i think that Winifred being a witness connects Lydia to Richard Dible, as Father. There was a tree online that had her married to someone else.

Birth from my notes-1851
Name: Lydia Teaman
[Lydia Seaman] Birth: abt 1782 - Bagthorp, Norfolk, England Residence:1851 - Walpole St Peter, Norfolk, England

As for knowing Norfolk ,my knowledge is very scanty.

Ellie

Ellie7

Loyal Member
I have decided to go with Samuel Seaman bapts 21 Oct 1781 Shernborne, until proved otherwise .It is where Samuel and Lydia have their first born Robert ,and Samuels Seaman 1781 Father Robert.

Ellie

Last edited by a moderator: