• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Sarah Ann Roberts born 1814.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

In October 1814 a Sarah Ann Roberts was baptised at St Margaret Westminster to Thomas and Ann Roberts, a servant, of Brewer Street, Bethnal Green. Sarah was born in October 1813 so baptised a year old.

WHat I would like to do is try and see if she is another child of my Thomas and Ann Roberts who wed in 1807 in Patrixbourne, Kent and had a daughter Elizabeth Roberts in October 1809 at Shepherds Court, St George Hanover Square, baptised at St George Hanover Square. Their next child was Thomas John Roberts, my 3xgreat grandfather baptised 30 May 1813 in Kemsing, Kent son of Thomas and Ann a servant.

I managed to prove Elizabeth is a sister thanks to her marrying in 1852 and my Thomas's eldest daughter living with her in 1871 and described as niece.

What i want to do is see if Sarah Ann is a child of the same couple. I have looked but wonder if a fresh pair of eyes can help?

Thanks

Ben

josie7644

Valued Member
Hi Ben,

I don’t have any proof, but I’m just giving you some food for thought!

On FreeBmd, there are a couple of marriages of Sarah Ann Roberts, which took place in the London area, just after 1837.

Q4 1838 in Marylebone, to one of the following...

Robert John Baker
Thomas Newman Hunt
Henry Alworth Merewether
Maurice Quirk

Q2 1841 in Bermondsey, to one of the following...

Thomas Bartlett
Thomas Dicker
George Thomas Hedgcock
Robert Roberts

Needless to say, neither of these could be the Sarah you are seeking! She could have married before 1837. Had a look on FS and FreeREG, for earlier marriages, but sadly nothing showed up!

Sorry not much help!

Good luck in your quest!

Josie :)

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Josie

Thanks for your help. I shall keep plugging away. If she is a sibling of Elizabeth and Thomas then that means Thomas was born by at least January 1813 if Sarah was born October, meaning Thomas was about a year old when baptised. His sister Elizabeth was baptised in November 1809 born 25th October 1809.

Ben