• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Sarah HOUSTON

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello,

Registration District: Row
Civil Parish: Row
Town: Helensburgh
County: Dumbartonshire
Address: 17 Maitland Str
Sarah HOUSTON head b. abt 1825 age 66 House Keeper Paisley, Renfrewshire
Please see if Sarah can be found in 1901. She died in Dumbarton in 1906.

Regards,

Dave

cant seem to find her, only 36 hits came up dave for the info you gave no sarahs. will have another look, been to helensbrough my ex hubby was born there lovely place home of rennie mackintosh we went to his house there. suex

still no luck? tried looking for paisley and helensbrough, could be when she died in 1906 she might had gone back to her family, that often happened when they had been in service, any other info i can put in the mix?? suex

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Thanks for looking.

I didn't get to that part of the country when I was there 4 years ago. I spent most of my time around Paisley and Dunfermline. Not all the time in the two libraries. :2fun:

Her middle name is Nicol but that probably won't help.

Something is a bit odd about this one:

Registration District: Paisley
Civil Parish: Paisley High Church
Town: Renfrewshire
County: Dumbartonshire ??
Address: 88 George St Wood Sheet
Sarar HOUSTON head b. abt 1823 age 58 Yarn Winder Paisley, Renfrewshire
There is a George street in Paisley. (I've walked along it. :D )

Regards,

Dave

Last edited:

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello suex,

Thanks.

All the listings and other stuff has HOUSTON. Not like the related family ARROL that has AIROL and EARL. :D

Looks as though Sarah and John separated. He stayed in Paisley and Sarah ended up in Dunbarton.

Glasgow Herald (Glasgow, Scotland) - Friday, September 25, 1874; Issue 10841
Advertisements & Notices
WINE AND SPIRIT BUSINESS – FOR SALE, the GOODWILL and FITTINGS of that old Established WINE and SPIRIT SHOP situated at 18 High Street, Paisley.
For particulars, apply to John Houston, North British Inn, 29 High Street, Paisley, who will receive Offers, Sealed, up till Friday, 25th curt. All offers to be addressed “Wine and Spirit Business”.

Regards,

Dave

sorry dave but drawn a blank, maybe one of the guys on the forum, might be able to find her. tried all the sites i could think of i had the same problem with a family on the 1901 the webbs could never find em , as they where under another name !! good luck suex:)

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello suex,

Thanks for looking.

The 1906 death in Dunbarton has to be her. Other name = ANGEL and only one such small family (originally from Ashburton, Devon - Thomas was in the army and ended up being posted in Scotland where he married in 1818 ) in Scotland so ANGEL, ANGELL, ANGLE is very rare.

Regards,

Dave