• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Sarah Shakspeare

Drwe

Could someone look at the 1911 census for me,it has Sarah crossed out and 3 days next to her name,it also states children born alive 7,died 1 could the one be Sarah. I can't find a birth or death for her.

Parents
Harry F Shakespeare age 43 b 1868 Birmingham
Maria age 42 b 1869 Gornel Staffordshire
They are living at 21 Hawkins St Swindon at the time of the census,with children,Walter,Sidney,Albert,Lilly,Herbert,Violet.

Kind Regards
Drew

josie7644

Valued Member
Hello,

I see from the census return that Sarah was born in Birmingham. On FreeBMD, there is a death of Sarah recorded in the Birmingham RD in the last quarter of 1888, vol 6d page 111.

There is a corresponding birth in the same quarter vol 6d, page 167.

:) Josie

barbarajoh

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Drew,

I have looked and think you are reading this correctly. I wonder if she was the eldest and died at 3 months? So was perhaps born around 1892/3 There is one in the records at Birmingham who was 0 at death but this was in 1888 which is a bit early? Do you know when the parents married?

I know that you may sometimes find a death certificate for a child who died very young but no birth as the baby may have died before the parents registered the birth.

Regards
Barbara