• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

School and College Registers

Hi Everyone

I have just stumbled on an Aladdin's cave !!

If your ancestors went to a Grammar, Public School , or University the following site has 381 books on this very subject. Lists of pupils etc.

www.stellabooks.com

I have just found one where my ancestors went to school in Carlyle. The only problem is that it is very heavy !!

Maddie

Evening All

I have just received the book that I ordered which was the Carlisle Grammar School Book.

It covers a very large period from about 1600 - 1924 and what is more they had 3 g g g uncles of Chris's in it . The information contained about each boy was amazing.

GIBBO are you there? Charles Hodges was Head of Townsville School, before he became Head at Sydney. What a small world !!

If anyone needs a look up on an ancestor who went to Carlisle Grammar School, let me know

Maddie

gibbo

Loyal Member
Evening All

I have just received the book that I ordered which was the Carlisle Grammar School Book.

It covers a very large period from about 1600 - 1924 and what is more they had 3 g g g uncles of Chris's in it . The information contained about each boy was amazing.

GIBBO are you there? Charles Hodges was Head of Townsville School, before he became Head at Sydney. What a small world !!

If anyone needs a look up on an ancestor who went to Carlisle Grammar School, let me know

Maddie
Hi Maddie
It is a small world. Townsville is only about a hour drive from me.........
Even tho the transport wasnt what it is today our ancesters still managed to get where they wanted to go.

gibbo