• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Scotts from Roxburghshire to Canada?

barbarajoh

Loyal Member
Staff member
For my sins I am working on some Scotts who are like needles in haystacks in my part of Scotland. Lost a Robert Scott and his wife Jane Lamb after 1861 and can't find them in the death records either. Trees on ancestree say they went to Canada and then died in McKillop Scotland which again makes no sense to me. Can anyone place them in Canada or find them on a ship. They lived in Jedburgh before disappearing and I now their children Alison and Christopher Noble stayed here but Robert born 1839 and John 1843 may have gone with them. They had a David born 1832 who disappeared after the 41 census.

Barbara

calliek

Found this record but not sure if it's your guy:

Robert Scott
Death Date: 22 Jan 1877
Death County or District: Wellington
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1779
Birth Location: Parish of Cariling Roxburghshire, Scotland

Sadly that's all the info the record gives- the informant looks to be a farmer named Carter
Wellington county is in Ontario