• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Searching proof of Death or Life!

Hi, Its a rare occassion when Im able to devote a little time to filling in the blancs on my own history.
I have a dilema. How does one checkout a death of a lost relative around 1980 yes 1980 on heresay evidence only when there is no documentation showing up at ancestry.co.uk or any other top search sites? The person a female, was born 1944 married twice, both of which are shown at ancestry.co.uk. The second husband in question is also listed as remarried again later in 1987. So my thoughts are is the relative passed over, or alive. Im steering towards the later as this would make her only 36 in 1980 & 67 this year.
So any ideas please.
Surnames connected are :- HAWKES, GUY, EPERON.
Places Connected:- PLYMOUTH, RUGBY, Poss Cornwall.

Thanks
TT
FTRD.

I can confirm your findings that Sandra P.A. was born 1944 and married twice in 1961 and 1977 in Plymouth, and that her 2nd husband Matthew may have married for a 2nd time in dec qtr 1989.
If so it could mean that Sandra died or got divorced between 1977 and 1989.
If divorced did she revert to her maiden or first married name, and did she perhaps marry again for a third time

Whatever I cannot find any records for Sandra P.A. after 1977

An interesting thing, and you probably know the answer is that I believe Sandra had five children in her 1st marriage, the first in 1963 in Rugby. I can't find any children to the 2nd marriage, but if her 2nd husband did remarry he could have had four. The first in 1987 in Rugby then three in Nuneaton, the first being in sep qtr 1989. So the first two children were born before they married..

dave

Hi Dave thanks for the input ...... appreciated.:)
Yes Graham Eperon remarried but the children were all born in Plymouth after the first in 1963 & as far as I am aware they were from the first marriage all with the same surname. The last one b1971. Sandra did remarry in Plymouth to Graham M. Eperon 1977, but I latter find him in Hinckley Leicestershire for his next marriage in 1989. But what I do find strange is one Alan Eperon is listed also as marrying the same person on that day. So it may not be my Graham Eperon.

I Sandras her father was living in Rugby where I believe she grew up until around 1960 when she returned to Plymouth to live with her mother.

Her first husband Richard did go on to remarry twice. When Sandra remarried for the second time, her name was listed as that of Guy, her previous married name & not maiden name. So I did search the angle of Sandra using the name Eperon on a 3rd marriage but none was found. I`ve searched records for GUY, EPERON & HAWKES under deaths without joy, ( not that it would be joy to find it). The person who was told & then told me that she had died was her sister, but I would not doubt for one moment that it was a ploy to say dont bother coming round. As bad as it seems, it was possible.
Hope this makes sence lol.
TT
FTRD