• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Secretary to a Public Company - Which company? (1904)

Lehane

Just got my ancestors death certificate from 1904 (aged 31, grrr pneumonia!) and it states he was secretary to a public company.

I know today you have to name your secretary's at Companies House - just wondering if that database is searchable?

Lehane

Just been searching the Tyne and Wear archive online and discovered lots of documents relating to Elders Walker & Co Ltd, paint, varnish and colour manufacturers and glass merchants.

John's brother is a paint manufacturer, and it's been thought we had a link to that company, but today they only do the glass side.

Very excited now! Have to wait nearly a month before I can get up to Newcastle but I now feel like I'm on Who Do You Think You Are; finally getting stories to go with the names!

Had to share my news! :D

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
In 1909 Elders and Walker registered office is 344 High Street Gateshead. A bankruptcy petition was presented by Elders and Walker and another company to a William Pace.