• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Seeking Info: Robert Goddard Holding and Lucy Hornigold

I am seeking information and details on the descendants and ancestors of my great great grandparents, Robert Goddard Holding and Lucy Hornigold. I would love to compare notes and share information:

Robert Goddard Holding (1832-1871) (son of Abraham William Holding and Sophia Hornigold) and Lucy Hornigold (1835-1920) (daughter of Goddard Hornigold and Emma Webb)

Children:
(1) Robert Goddard Holding, Jr. (1858-1930); married Harriet Esther Warford (1860-1916)
(2) William Henry Holding (1860-1913); married Emily Sophia Norman (1859-1946)
(3) Elizabeth Holding (1863-1938); married Walter Edwin Prichard (1862-1944)
(4) Goddard Abraham Holding (1865-1940); married Harriett Beale (1867-1945)
(5) Frederick Elijah Holding (1868-1930); married Emily Susan Barnard (1871-1952)

Jimmy P. Hunke
Springfield, Virginia, USA

Hi,
I've just started researching my family tree and my mothers maiden name is Prichard. I think you share great great grandparents!
Years ago we were given a basic family tree and I'm sure you along with a brother and sister, Dixie and Johnathan are on the bottom level with my mother.
The tree that I have, which as I say is very basic, does go back as far William Hornigold and Mary Goddard both born in the 1760's who were Robert's Grandparents.
I would be pleased to hear from you and perhaps we can share information

Michelle Gordon

Hi Michelle,

I was unable to send you a private e-mail via the Family History UK website, I suspect because a user has to have contributed a certain number of posts in order to send or receive private e-mails (and, as a new user, you probably have not made that many postings). Fortunately a kindly system administrator agreed to forward to you my private e-mail containing my personal e-mail address. I hope you have received it; I very much look forward to hearing from you so we can compare family notes.

Best Regards from a distant cousin,
Jimmy