• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Shanghai Race Club 1860 -1940 families

From
England
I am putting together stories on familes who were part of The Shanghai Race Club (horse racing club) in China from 1860 - 1940. I look forward to hearing from you if you have any letters/photos... David. You can see some of the information so far on my site www.******************

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, today I just learned from my mother that my great-great-great grandmother was an English lady and her family was involved in the Shanghai Race Club business right thru to 1949. I am trying to get further info like names from my aunt, will do some research :)

Welcome to the forum....sounds very interesting.

Feel free to post any details down that you have and maybe some of the members can help with your research.

Lee

My grand-father, Frederick A Cumming owned and raced horses in shanghai between 1902 and 1912. He called himself a 'gentleman jockey." I have one photograph of him with a horse.
Lorioldrome

Hello,

A pleasure to hear from you.

If you have any photos to share with our members I would be delighted to post them on the shanghai race club heritage section.

HERE

Finest regards,

Byron Constable,
Chairman
The Shanghai Race Club

Last edited by a moderator:
Back