• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Siblings trace??

Moppett

:eek: Trying to Trace two families and if possible their Siblings.

Moppett peter Born 1940. married Janet Y Hemsley 1958 Eastbourne.
REF: 5H 458.

Moppett Steve Married Ellen BC Jones 1963 Eastbourne.
REF:5H-519.

Moppett

Hi Moppett
What's the criteria about looking for people who may be alive?
Privacy?
Thanks
ozn
:'(Sorry, I asked a question for help. i'e i'm same name as about whom I ask about. Sorry I didn't see any thing saying not to ask about dead or alive people. May be you don't want to help. fine.

Ps don't reply your stars are low nil.

leefer

Loyal Member
Moppet,i think you have taken what Oz said a tad to seriously:):)

Fact is whatever is printed on this site goes global so looking for relative recent peoples info has to be done with caution when online.
Just because you want to know some info is fair enough but it has to done in a highly confidential manner if there is a chance that person is still alive...they may have children,they may have a wife or husband who stumbles upon the info...that could lead to disastrous results for all concerned if they are unaware of certain facts.

Good luck with your research Moppet,people on here try to help not hinder....so do your research with a smile:biggrin:

gibbo

Loyal Member
Thanks Lee and oxn.

Moppett we can only do what we can. The members who left advice for you on living people are only trying to help and guide you.
The privacy of living people has to be respected. If members do find information for you they can send it to you via private message rather than post it on the open forum. Not all queries get answered as sometimes the answers just cant be found.

gibbo

Last edited:
Hi David

Speaking as someone who has spent many hours searching for answers to your questions, I take exception to your reply to one of our members, who although not giving you the answers you wanted, was only trying to help you. Perhaps you did not understand the message, but I don't think it warranted the reply you gave.

This is not the first time you have made an abusive reply when your questions were not answered in the way you perhaps wanted. It is certainly not the way to encourage others to spend their time trying to help you.

davelambert271

Last edited:

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Moppett.

I would like to say that oznannie has been a great help to me in my family search. If someone helps you then you should thank them for their time. Also saying that "she should not reply because she has a low star rating" is not acceptable on here.

Ben

oznannie

Loyal Member
Thank you Ben :)
Youre lovely comments much appreciated.
I really did not want to start a storm in a teacup.
You all know were I am coming from with regard to privacy
and thanks again.
ozn

nainmaddie

Loyal Member
Hi Moppett

May I suggest that you use the following sites to help you with your search

www.192.com

www.yell.com

and also the BT online service

I have managed to find living people this way. Also no forum in UK will allow you to mention living people for the reasons that have already been given. I hope that you have some success.

Nainmaddie

Moppett

Thank you Ben :)
Youre lovely comments much appreciated.
I really did not want to start a storm in a teacup.
You all know were I am coming from with regard to privacy
and thanks again.
ozn
Hi, SORRY for my actions towards your reply. May be my storm is within myself. I face a very hard time soon, in major operations in loosing a leg, and also trying to trace my family's name. I'm sorry. and will never jump down down your thorat again, it seems that I have gain bad friends on here.

David:(

oznannie

Loyal Member
Hi David
Thank you for saying sorry, your apology is much appreciated.
I have lost a lot more than a leg in my life, believe me.
You can never make bad friends here in the forum, everyone is a good mate.
They go the extra mile to try and help everyone with their family search.
Good luck and I hope your health improves.
Regards
Oznannie

gwenythgreen

Valued Member
Hi

Tracing living relitives can open a can of worms if we are not careful, Approximately two years ago I began to trace my family tree, at the time I was an only child but knew my father had been maried before, he had two boys with his first wife and one boy who died as a cot death.

I was then contacted by a cousin (son of my fathers brother, he put me in touch with what I learned was a half sister who in fact was one of seven half siblings the product of a longstanding afair my father had with a lodger who lived with him and his first wife. This as you can imagine was a great shock to me, I can never discuss this with him as he died about 20 years ago, my mother is in very poor health and I can never discuss this with her as the shock could kill her. my mother in fact was 30 years younger than my father and was introduced to my father as the girlfriend of my half brother, I am now left wondering if there are other half siblings born after my mother and fathers marriage as we were always moving house as a child, was my father running away from his responsibilities?

So you will see that we have to be very careful when researching living people for fear of hurting others by the discovery of unknown facts.

My advice is tread carefully and good luck.

Gwen

oznannie

Loyal Member
Thank you Gwen for sharing your family story.
I can't say I know how you feel because I don't.
What a shock for you.
You are so lovely being sensitive to family members and I hope people read your post and learn a lot.
oznannie

gwenythgreen

Valued Member
Hi

Yes, thank you for your understanding, When we do research where living relatives are involved we have to be very very sensitive to their feelings as we could cause very great harm and upset. There are some half siblings that I learnt about from my half sister who prefer not to be part of the family that I have discovered and therfore I respect their feelings, all I know is that they live somewhere in Kent, (a brother and sister).

Gwen