• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Simon Winter

New to this website because I found a link on it via Google to a family member. 'Webwiz' had posted information in Sep 2014 on my great grandfather Simon Winter. I had uncovered the same details as his 8/9/14 post from his daughter Ellen's marriage certificate, but so far little more except possible post office directory and tax listings. I'm wondering why I haven't been able to locate his birth, marriage, death details, etc. If 'Webwiz' can post a response, I can add some information that two late aunts gave me - which deepen the mystery. I also wondered about the Nellie Bryan link, as a possible spouse, but the dates don't gel. Simon's daughter was born in 1887. The Winter/Bryan marriage took place in 1889. But, as Simon's wife Ellen was left to bring up her daughter from an early age (with much help from a Mary Ann Ladbrook - see 1901 Census, St Geo East, Stepney, RG 13/312), perhaps Simon died soon after her birth. But the aunts I spoke to indicated other reasons. Simon has been an incredibly elusive character, about whom I'd like to know more. Can 'Webwiz' or anyone else help? Thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
juliejtp Deaths 2
DaveHam9 Births 10
DaveHam9 USA & Canada Genealogy Roots 4
B 1871 Census Request 12
P Births 7
T Deaths 2