• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Site problems

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Icon at top right of Opera = Bookmarks Import & Export

I have no idea re resource usage depending on how many tabs are open - never compared different browsers on that basis.

I love the auto fill for forms. Type the first letter and any previously used words starting with that letter appear in a drop down list.
You can build the list up as long as you like and delete it all at any time.

horse

Loyal Member
Excellent, thanks.. Will try that..

I do like Chrome, it's a puzzle why it's an issue. Good idea of Gibbo's to put this thread up, throwing up one or two ideas that may be useful.

Geoff

horse

Loyal Member
So, currently Edge looks to have no issues. Firefox has no issues at present. Opera looks to have issues only with Home/Forums pages and occasionally the Alerts page.

Geoff

ptjw7

Loyal Member
+one for the alerts page - I clicked on it and got a message about 'a security issue'
Tried again and it worked - seems that 'something' is a bit flaky but it could be anything as 'they' are forever changing things:cry:
Peter

Just done some searching on the site to see if there are any defaults to change - didn't find any but did find the name of the forum software 'xenforo'. Looked it up and noticed it this note :-
We had a busy day yesterday at #XenForo HQ culminating in our first maintenance releases for XenForo, Resource Manager, Enhanced Search and Media Gallery 2.1. As well as bug fixes and improvements, we've added some new importer features.
So I wonder what version this site uses:D
peter

Last edited:

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
What is it with this site's software??

I switched from UK English to US English and the main page is now formatted correctly. Bottom left of main page.

I have Win 10 set up to use UK English with a US keyboard so I have a $ and not a £ on shift-4.

Last edited:

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
I'm not receiving the SOME alerts because this preference option is not working for ALL topics I create.

Content options
Automatically watch content you create…

I have to manually 'Watch' a topic I create and then alerts work for that topic.

Dave