• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Smith, Turner, Bowles, Harrigan, Campbell, Cameron Etc Etc

welcome :kissu: :kissu: All such rare and unique surnames you would think the search would be easy!

This is my "nice to meet you" introduction post which I hope you are all reading! My main surnames within the family tree are:-

SMITH - mostly Northamptonshire with a few strays moving about the country for work etc.

TURNER - again mostly Northants, but a few Hertfordshire, Lincolnshire and Hunts thrown in amongst others.

BOWLES - originally from Norfolk/Suffolk but my branch ended up in Northumberland - Blaydon, Durham, Tyne & Wear area.

CAMPBELL - originally Scotland (never!) but later Blaydon, Durham etc.

CAMERON - Northumberland?

HARRIGAN - Believe originally Tipperary but in recent generations, south London/north Kent mostly.

PEGG and FOWLER think mostly South London ish

Obviously there are loads more but that is quite enough to start with I think.

Any possible names, places or odd snippets of info you may have will received with eternal gratitude!:kissu:

Any knowledge of any of above areas back in time too (but only for poor folk - my ancestorys seem to be 90% agricultural labourers) then I would love to hear about that to.

Thank you

:D
My grandparents Andrew (Thomas Harrigan & Rose Keogh) came from Co Kildare and moved to Kent with their 7 children c1950

Any connection
I don't know but it would be great if there were. I only know that my husband dad was also Frank Harrigan and lived in the Eltham ish area of Kent and his mum thinks he came from Tipperary originally, but unfortunately his passed away several years ago so I can't find out much more. Please let me know if you think there may be a connection