• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Software

From
England
Firstly, HI:)

I stopped checking into my family's history a few years back. At the time I was using software that was given away with the pc, GSP's Family Tree Maker, and it did a good job, though I also created several Word and Excel documents to store extra data/facts. Just lately I have been looking into continuing, but I wanted some more up-to date software. I have been looking at Anceastry.coms FamilyTreeMaker . A website is selling it for £30 with 6months subs. Is this software one of the better ones or do you folks recommend something else?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Hi , If you mean family tree maker 2008, I'm using that at the moment and I've found it to be brilliant. A really good way of storing information and searching for more.

It's simple - but good. I've sort of graduated along a little bit and bought Family Historian and am now putting a lot of stuff onto Family Historian - that's also good

Back