• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Some advice on a little mystery.

Hi

I was wondering if any fellow members can give me some advice on a particular ancestor of mine that has been bugging me for years.

I've been researching my maternal side of the family for sometime which has mostly been successful but its just one part of the jigsaw that I've been at a dead lost with.

my ancestor was a Great Great Grandmother called Helen Jackson now my family always believe she was of Italian and Spanish hertiage, which I've never been able to verify which intrigued me to look into but have never been able to go past her.

She was married twice, once to a man I believe called Frederick Smart,which I got from her son my g grandfather Albert Smart marriage certificate, he died between 1898-1899, I was able to go back to the 1901 census which I discovered she had remarried and had more children with her second husband by that time, the census gave me a birth year and place of birth for all of them.

which enable me to find the birth certificates of two of her children with her second husband it gave me her maiden name, but I've searched and searched for any record of her marriages to both husband and found nothing, I had hope the 1911 census would shed more light on to it but it just made things more confusing as the birth place for both her and my ggfather is different from the ones on the 1901 census and I've done further searches but just come up with nothing, I'm at a bit of a loose end on what to do as I would love to complete this part of the tree.

If anybody got any advice on what direction I could go it would greatly be appreciated.