• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Something for titanic fans

leefer

Loyal Member
Thanks Ellie,will give it a go,i hear the end may give you that sinking feeling:D

I can recommend Sarum,by Edward Rutherfurd.....basicly about five hundred years of history in and around Salisbury,with the added twist of fictional families who lived around the city and helped build the Cathedral etc...a long book but a great read,now Ellie,seeing as you are on the subject of the Titanic would you like some ice with that drink:biggrin:

calliek

I bought a copy of Sarum when I was inSalisbury- it's definitely a long read! I still haven't finished it but it's interesting from the historical perspective.

leefer

Loyal Member
And did the Cathedral inspire you?,what a silly question:)

I have been there a dozen times and still find something new every time i go,i often wonder what the common man must have thought when he first caught sight of this wonder when they first walked or rode to Salisbury and saw it,i would guess something like this,:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Next time you are in Blighty calliek try and visit Canterbury and its Cathedral,it will blow you away,i have seen it three times and the feeling of history smacks you in the face everytime...and very hard:)