• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

something interesting . . .

Simon7

Right i have a person on my tree

Samuel gibbs born 1881surlingham., not to be confused with the one with George as middle name.

He is in the 1901 census with his parents., last child to leave

Now this where it gets strange., he is not in the 1911 census

Can not find a marriage or a death for him.

He didn't move country neither.

So i don't know what happened to him. .

davelambert271

Loyal Member
patience is a virtue.

just because you have not had a response, it does not mean members are not looking.

I have had a look without success which is not surprising seeing as you cannot find him either, but I did notice in 1911 Sarah was in a workhouse

dave

Simon7

patience is a virtue.

just because you have not had a response, it does not mean members are not looking.

I have had a look without success which is not surprising seeing as you cannot find him either, but I did notice in 1911 Sarah was in a workhouse

dave
Yeah she was in a workshouse the. Had kids, and then married her husband in 1912

horse

Loyal Member
HI,

I'm probably being a bit thick but who is Sarah? Is Samuel and Mary Samuels parents?
Samuel's sister I would think, the parents appear to be Samuel and Mary.

This is them in 1891
Piece: 1537
Folio: 108
Page Number: 7

Geoff

Edit: She's not with the family in 1901

horse

Loyal Member
Hi Simon7,

The National archives at Kew have a document for a Samuel Gibbs born 13th March 1880 Surlingham. This is the UK Royal Naval Reserve Service Record index which can be download for a fee of £3.50. click on the highlighted link.
There are only 3 births 1879-1882 that would come close to a birth of 1880, this being the closest:
Births Q2 1881
GIBBS Samuel
Henstead
4b 193
[Surlingham is in the Henstead RD]

Geoff