• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Sorry

jen2

Valued Member
This may not be appropriate. But I am from Australia and have been mortified by what I have witnessed today. I give my sympathy for the people of England at this moment. You have endured so much over the last month. The burning of the units in West London today has been horrendous. I can not apprehend what the families are going through now. My thoughts are also with the firemen/women who are involved in fighting this.

Jenny

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
When I woke up this morning, it reminded me of the film The Towering Inferno and of course the other tragedy the twin towers in New York. I think it's about time they looked at old fashioned tower block living and built something more appropriate for today's living. RIP x :eek:

Amanda

thecelticbard

Valued Member
Whilst agreeing with the two comments above, the realistic scenario about tower blocks is very simple, there is no plentiful supply of land available to build houses that close to the city centre. I lived there in the 70's, it was a 'rat-race' then and it's worse today as the population of London has exploded since. I was actually in London last week, wouldn't go back to live there though.
My sincere apologies for my comments, hindsight will show that the event should not have happened at all, the aftermath will be months and years. What the firemen had to deal with is beyond understanding.
RIP to them all.