• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Sources for pre 1837

nainmaddie

Loyal Member
Hi there !
Can anyone help me ? Is there any difference between The Genaealogist and Ancestry with regard to old Parish records. I am a member of the former and Scotlandspeople and trying not to spend too much money if there is little difference.

I am trying to find Robert Reubin Jefferiss born 1801 somewhere in England. Short of visiting every Record office in the country, has anyone any ideas as to search for him. I have all the census records and his 2nd marriage certificate where he states that his father was Robert Jefferiss /Jefferys and his mother was Mary Ann Watts. He had a brother Hector,then Fredric and then Mary Ann.

I so hope that someone can show me the light here.
Nainmaddie

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Nainmaddie

Ancestry.com does have a good selection of parish records. You might want to give it a try. Have you tried FindMyPast as well?

Where and when did Rueben die?

Ben

nainmaddie

Loyal Member
Hi Ben and Gibbo
Thank you for your replies and suggestions.
Robert died in Dalkieth in 1875,but he was born in ENGLAND. I have every detail I need about him other than where he was born. I checked all the 1841 Census that were on the lists but the only one I found was in Minchinhampton and he was an Ag.Lab.
His parents were Robert Jefferiss /Jefferys and Mary Ann Watts. He according to Robert was a Builder.
When I was going through the Census I found a glut of Jefferiss's around Bristol and Gloucester but none of them matched.
Hector was born in 1803
Fredric " " " 1806 died 1808
Mary Ann " 1811 died 1815

I have no idea where they were born either. Hector left home at 19 according to notes that Robert left.
Many thanks for your help
Maddie