• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Stanley Ives c1907. Great Missenden, Bucks.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi folks.

I don't know if it's the site I'm using, or this chap is a myth or adopted.

According to the 1911 census, his pob is Great Missenden. It would be under the reg dist of Amersham.

Nothing found, regarding birth, marriage or death. :confused:

Son of George & Celia Ives.

Can any one see what I can't.

Steve.:)

EDIT: FreeBMD, shows a birth for Stanley Vincent Ives. a/m/j. 1907. Amersham.

stockpot

Valued Member
1939 he is still single, living with his parents :-

George Ives 19 Feb 1868 Male Caretaker Married
 Celia P Ives 23 Jan 1875 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married
 Celia M Ives 31 Jul 1897 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Single
 Archibald George Ives 21 May 1900 Male Wood Machinist Single
Stanley V Ives 01 Mar 1907 Male Estate Manager Single
 Muriel R Perry (Ives) 27 Nov 1914 Female Typist - Air Ministry Single

Always seems strange to me how in the 1939 transcript an unmarried woman is listed firstly by the married name she later acquires. In the original document Muriel was listed as Muriel R Ives along with the rest of her family, then later Ives has been crossed out and overwritten Perry with 18.5.45 in the margin. I always think the transcript should be Muriel R Ives (Perry).

Elaine

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Many thanks Elaine, that's brilliant.:)

I looked for more children for George & Celia, and finding Muriel(with mothers maiden name), has added another. Not easy finding other children in that time frame before 1914.

I am guessing that Muriel R Ives was engaged to a Perry in 1939, and have just found a possible marriage to a John J Perry in Hendon, 1945. I wonder.:rolleyes::biggrin:

Thanks again.

stockpot

Valued Member
only three John J Perry of a suitable age in 1939, in Birmingham, Plymouth and Wycombe. Last one is fairly near to Harrow :-

John James Perry, 24 Feb 1915, insurance clerk, single

appears to be one of three lodgers with Robert W and Rhoda A Chiltern (butcher, both 75) at Combe View, Little Kimble, Wycombe, Bucks

Elaine

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Thanks Elaine.:)

Yep, Robert & Rhoda CHILTON, are in Little Kimble. I think Robert was born in the Crown Pub, when it existed. Closed about 10 years ago, sadly.

I'll see what I can find out for Muriel Perry death, and hubby.

Ta muchly.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Chasing Archibald George, & Stanley V. Ives, in the London Electoral Registers, I narrowed down his father's death......between 1953 & 1958. His father, George Ives, dies Mar. 1956 @ Harrow, but registered Hendon.

Another one closed off, and that's that family resolved, with no apparent offspring, except for Muriel Ruby Perry(nee.Ives).

But, from what I have seen, there seems to be births from 1946. Ilford, 1948, Wandsworth, 1950 & 1952, Essex Sth. Western, Herts, and finally, 1955, Ware, Herts.

Celia M Perry, Robert W Perry, Anastasia S Perry, Paul R Perry and Colin E Perry, all mothers maiden name of Ives.

I think that's it for this line of Ives.

Thanks all for the help on this.

stockpot

Valued Member
Yes, I saw the children born Ilford, Wandsworth, Essex and Ware. In fact there were five Perry/Ives children born Ware:- Michael 1954, Colin E 1955, Philip S 1957, Ann 1961 and Sheila P 1966. However there was also a marriage for Edward N Perry & Patricia E Ives in Ware in 1951 so I think the Ware children are not part of your family.

Confusing how your lot finish with Paul R in 1952 and the Ware family start with Michael in 1954, the dates definitely look like one big family but I think the Ware marriage gives us two families.

Elaine

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Yes, and just when I think IVES is not a common name.:eek::2fun:

I did wonder about the spread, but hopefully a living relative can put me right, if I can find one.

Off to look for Patricia E Ives now.:biggrin: