• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Stanyard/Denman family research

Can anyone do a lookup for me please?

I am looking for him in 1871 Census but wasn't able to find him with his wife Celicia. But I have got the information with few people's help to find his son Frederick Stanyard in 1871 Census but was resided possible at a school in Loughborough along with his siblings, Thomas and Adelaide.

Before you go and do some research and don't be surprised when you come across same family but different surname - Denman. Possible there was a murder involved and grandson of Leonard's had decided to add Denman to their last name and Stanyard has becomes middle name possible to hide themselves and called himself Frederick Stanyard Denman (born in Heanor, Derbyshire on 21 April 1904) and it has not been registered yet I think as I was told by a lady off Genereunited.

Just for ref

1881 England Census
Leonard Stanyard
Relation: Head
Spouse's Name: Celicia Stanyard
Civil parish: Lenton County/Island: Nottinghamshire
Street Address: 18 Tyne St
Condition as to marriage: Married
Registration district: Nottingham Sub-registration district: Lenton
ED, institution, or vessel: 5 Piece: 3340 Folio: 105 Page Number: 33

Leonard Stanyard 36
Celicia Stanyard 35 Southwell, Notts
Fredrick Stanyard 14 Chesterfield, Derbyshire, (<--- my great great great granddad)
Adelaide Stanyard 12 Chesterfield, Derbyshire,

Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 3340; Folio: 105; Page: 33; GSU roll: 1341797.

Any searches would be great appericated!

Thank you.

Lisa