• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Stemmerman's

Elly

I have recently discovered that my g grandma's family were Stemmerman's & I've traced them back to Bermondsey, Surrey....I don't yet know where they were before that time, although I think Stemmerman is a german name??

I've got as far back as John Christopher Stemmerman born c1780, he married Hannah Rolfe born c1780 at St. Mary's, Whitechapel on 27/10/1800. They had a son John Stemmerman born July 1801 in Bermondsey, Surrey.

I have a long list of names & dates of family members, mainly from Bermondsey, although my GG Grandfather was born in Leeds so the family must have migrated North at some point. My g grandma was Minnie Stemmerman b1890 in Leeds.

If anybody has any links to this family or you have any information, I'd love to hear from you....

Regards

I have recently discovered that my g grandma's family were Stemmerman's & I've traced them back to Bermondsey, Surrey....I don't yet know where they were before that time, although I think Stemmerman is a german name??

I've got as far back as John Christopher Stemmerman born c1780, he married Hannah Rolfe born c1780 at St. Mary's, Whitechapel on 27/10/1800. They had a son John Stemmerman born July 1801 in Bermondsey, Surrey.

I have a long list of names & dates of family members, mainly from Bermondsey, although my GG Grandfather was born in Leeds so the family must have migrated North at some point. My g grandma was Minnie Stemmerman b1890 in Leeds.

If anybody has any links to this family or you have any information, I'd love to hear from you....

Regards
hello the stemmermans in oregon are from christopher stemmerman who came to oregon in the mid 1800's the 2 stemmerman brothers came from germany 1st hope that this helps