• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Steve's blighty diary.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi folks, I'm now going to bore you all to death with my escapades in England.

I'll update, as and when I get access to a secure computer.

After an uneventful flight from Ireland, I landed and picked up my hire car,
of German manufacture. Petrol powered, but sounds like a diesel powered car of the 1960's.

Got to my brothers abode in just over an hour, stress free.

Went out and about today around Aylesbury. Had a pint in the tudor built Kings Arms.
Beer supplied by the local Chiltern brewery.....luverly stuff.:)

Bought some hooky tobacco from a local market saleman, who shall remain anonymous for obvious reasons.

I then made a trip to my home town of Princes Risborough, and sampled some more real ale in the Bird in Hand. Can't say I was enamoured with the sulky management.:mad: But nice beer though.

Wandered down across the railway tracks to the local footy ground to watch the local team........cuppa tea and a burger, plus 45 minutes of entertaining football.:)
I then moved further into town and had a swift half in The Bell PH, diffo strory there.....very friendly bunch.:)
Onwards to The George and Dragon Hotel(pub), and was distraut to find that they had ripped out 200 years of history and turned it into a wine bar type atmosphere. :). Nice beer though.:rolleyes::biggrin:

Leefer Lee, if you get stuck in Aylesbury over night....get to the Kings Arms.....you won't be dissappointed.;)

And Oz....the beer was not 'warm', but perfectly presented, and a delight to drink.:)

Not much else going on yet, just getting myself re-aclimatised to blighty.:2fun:

Oh yeah....weather is wonderful. wish you were here.:)

Steve.:)