• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

STOREY search

Hi. I am trying to find out Who my grandfather's father was. My grandfather was; Wallace James Storey, (b) 21 July 1907 (d) 24 may 1998. I think he died at "Alice House Hospice" in Hartlepool, Hutton Ave. His Cremains are at " Stranton Grange Cemetry". He was married to Muriel Hodgson; (b) 04 Dec 1908 (d) 1St April 1987. Lived at 202 Masefield Rd. Hartlepool. I have some info on my grandmother's side but none beyond my grandfather, Storey. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Avon (STOREY):)

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Avon,

Would suggest that you apply for your grandfathers birth certificate this will give you his parents names, fathers occupation and family address.
Wallace James Storey year of birth 1907 district Hartlepool September 1/4 vol 10a page 180. Certificates can be ordered on line see link below: But to be sure apply for his marriage certificate this will also give you his fathers name and occupation.

Julie

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/