• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Storms and wireless internet

gibbo

From
Australia
I bought myself a laptop with wireless internet. If i have it running on the battery so its not plugged into a power point and since its not plugged into a phone line can it still blow up in a storm?:confused:

If you walk outside in a storm with it.

Very unlikely for the computer. I don't even have a laptop. :(

However, the router/modem that is plugged in could get fried or at least blow a fuse or protection coil if it has one.

Last edited:
Just wondering if im using it when a storm is around if any harm could come to it even if it wasnt plugged into anything.

I didnt have a lap top neither until last week end. I had been thinking about getting one for a while but never did... but then i did:rolleyes::biggrin:

If you walk outside in a storm with it.

Very unlikely for the computer. I don't even have a laptop. :(

However, the router/modem that is plugged in could get fried or at least blow a fuse or protection coil if it has one.

Oh ok i didnt think of that:rolleyes::rolleyes: I think i understand what you mean. I need the modem "on" to get the internet and the storm can blow the modem up.

What did you get?

Ok, looks like I have to get one for Xmas. :2fun: Or on New Year sale. ;)

What did you get?

Ok, looks like I have to get one for Xmas. :2fun: Or on New Year sale. ;)

I got a Acer. I didnt like the mouse on it tho, it kept going where i didnt want it to:rolleyes: Fixed that tho and plugged in a normal mouse:rolleyes: Other than that i like the lap top:biggrin:

Gibbo's tables fine,. it's her hands that are shaky.>:D:2fun::2fun:

Hi steve over here they have flash computer stands they sell for $25-$35 because they say you can over heat them if the vent holes are blocked by your cloths.I had a look when Judes was over heating. They look very much like a stable table that you would eat your tea off in front of the tv but 6 times the price.

Glen:2fun:

Hi steve over here they have flash computer stands they sell for $25-$35 because they say you can over heat them if the vent holes are blocked by your cloths.I had a look when Judes was over heating. They look very much like a stable table that you would eat your tea off in front of the tv but 6 times the price.

Glen:2fun:

That's not too bad Glen. That means you can eat and use the lappy at the same time.:)
Gibbo's good at multi tasking.:2fun::2fun:

Mind you.......she has been known to fill the keyboard up with food, so perhaps they're not such a good idea for Gibbo.:rolleyes::2fun::2fun:

I have mine on the coffee table Glen. Tho might look at one of those stable tables sounds like they would be good.

Gee Steve is full of it today:rolleyes: :2fun::2fun:

I have mine on the coffee table Glen. Tho might look at one of those stable tables sounds like they would be good.

Gee Steve is full of it today:rolleyes: :2fun::2fun:

We had a couple laying around the house we weren't using so real cheap compared with the you beaut one's at computer shop. have a look at your local el-cheapo shop (crazy Clark's) The laptops take air in from the bottom and blow it out the side and our puter guy gave us the lecture about not blocking the hole when Judes over heated.

Glen :2fun:

We had a couple laying around the house we weren't using so real cheap compared with the you beaut one's at computer shop. have a look at your local el-cheapo shop (crazy Clark's) The laptops take air in from the bottom and blow it out the side and our puter guy gave us the lecture about not blocking the hole when Judes over heated.

Glen :2fun:

Thanks Glen. We have a couple of cheapo shops here so will have a look on the week end.

Back