• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Strange coincidences.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
I have just ordered my Uncle Charlies death cert, who died in Malaya, on the 'Death Railway'.

Whilst entering his details for the cert, I then realized his date of birth is the same day and month as my Grandson, 101 years later

To top that, my Grandaughter's date of birth, is the same day and month as my Mother, 99 years later.

Are these a coincidences, I ask.:confused:

Steve.:)

stockpot

Valued Member
I shared my birthday with my granddad, my mum secretly told me I was his favourite grandchild because of that, though maybe she said that as he always seemed to make more fuss of my brother!

Elaine

thecelticbard

Valued Member
When I got round to reading all the War Office paperwork my grandparents received relating to their youngest son, Emlyn, who lost his life with the sinking of HMT Lancastria, his body was washed ashore and first buried on 13 July 1940, and five years later on that date, I was born? I often wonder if my grandparents ever made the connection.

gibbo

Loyal Member
My grandson was born on his great nanna's birthday.

I guess with large families back then there are lots of people in a family so its probably not that unusual to be born on a ancestors birthday.