• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Suckling

An Aunt, Edith Fowler, married Sid Suckling sometime in the 1920's or 30's in Birmingham. I've never found out much about the Suckling line. Talking to my cousin, the last Suckling I'm in contact with, there was a Peter Sucking from Norfolk who made contact with my uncle Sid many years ago. He was doing research into the name and found a link with my uncle's family.
It's a long shot, but I wondered if Peter Suckling, or one of his descendants, is out there somewhere?
Thanks
David

Hi David:biggrin:

I have 29 Sucklings in my tree but they all come from the Essex and London Areas. .... I have yet to verify them. .... There is a Sidney James Suckling amongst them, born 1908, Fulham, London, his parents being Herbert Suckling (Born 1871, Dunmow, Essex) and Lillian Elizabeth Hyde (Born 1867, I have no place of birth down). Are these of any use to you?

Kind Rregards

Bewilldered

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

I have a Suckling in my family tree. A Martin Suckling who married Mary Willis in 1761 in Finchingfield, Essex. I wonder if he is from the same line as Horatio Nelson's maternal Syckling line? Possible.

Ben

Hi Bewilldered and Benny.
Thanks for your input, I've been given quite a lot of info on my Midlands line of Sucklings which I'm trying to work through to verify. I've saved your info and will see if there's a link.
Cheers:)
David

Hi :)

The sucklings I have in my tree are as follows:-

Alice Suckling b. 1869, Dunmow, Essex
Bertie Suckling b. 1874, Stebbing, Dunmow, Essex
Dansie Marten Suckling b. 1873 d. 1873, Dunmow, Essex
Edward Suckling b. c.1750, Felstead, Essex
Elias Suckling b. 1793, Felstead, Essex
Ernest James Suckling b. 1880, Weathersfield, Essex d. 1906
Gertrude Annie Suckling b.1877, Dunmow, Essesx d. 1963
Herbert Suckling b. 1871, Dunmow, Essex