• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Susan, Elizabeth Charlotte & Henry Albert Bullimore

Hi fellow researchers. I am looking for info re my great grandmother Susan Bullimore and her two offspring.
Susan Bullimore gave birth to a daughter named Elizabeth Charlotte on the 14th December 1876 at The Royal Maternity Hospital at 18 St John's Street Edinburgh, Scotland. The district was Canongate and the county was Midlothian.
Elizabeth's birth is listed as illegitimate and her mother Susan is the informant of the birth. The certificate also states that Susan was a housemaid living at 9 Catherine St at the time of her daugter's birth.

Susan gave birth to a second child named Henry Albert Bullimore (my grandfather) in Lambeth London on the 25th June 1879. The informant of this birth was Sarah Saunders and the birth is listed as illegitimate. The address given on the certificate is 2 Mead Row, Kennington Rd, Lambeth, London.

The two children turn up in the 1881 english census as boarders in the household of Thomas & Sarah Saunders in Camberwell Surrey, but there is no sign of their mother Susan. Then all three disappear until 1905 when Henry Albert Bullimore marries Emma Bransgrove in London.

Any info on this particularly solid brick wall much appreciated and I will gladly share what I have

Judith Bullimore