• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Symbols

From
England
Hi all
Could someone tell me what all the different symbols next to threads/posts mean? What are the Pins, Ticks, Stars, Red/Blue envelopes etc. I understand the awards but I can't work out the rest. There is definately 'room for improvement' as my old teachers would say, as far as my computer skills are concerned. So please bear with me as I get used to the site.
Thanks
Liz

Hi Liz

I think that the stars mean how well you fare as a member, ie, 3 stars means a member, 4 stars means Top Member, and they keep growing along with the awards after a certain number of posts. When you say Pins sometimes a thread is "Sticky" meaning that it is pinned to the top so everyone can see it rather than it get lost amongst the other threads in the page. I believe the envelopes mean no new posts, new posts etc.

Ben

Back