• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Tadeusz Zemla ( Changed to Edward Jordon) Flight Sergeant in the RAF WW2

Chris Godfrey

From
England
Hello. I was wondering if anyone could help me track down some information on a Tadeusz Zemla RAF service number 705653. He was a flight Sergeant in the RAF in WW2. He was born in Krakow in Poland on 03.05.1916 before moving to England. He died in England on 16.06.2005. The only information i have is that he escaped from a Nazi work camp which i'm guessing was in Poland. The other piece of information is that he was a potential spy as he knew both German and Russian. I don't know how true that is however. I have searched long and hard and i've been unable to find anything apart from some very basic information on google.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Naturalisation Certificate: Tadeusz Zemla. From Poland. Resident in Oldham, Lancashire....This record has not been digitised and cannot be downloaded.
Reference: HO 334/338/11816
Description:
Naturalisation Certificate: Tadeusz Zemla. From Poland. Resident in Oldham, Lancashire. Certificate BNA11816 issued 16 March 1950.
Date: 1950 Mar 16
Held by: The National Archives, Kew
Legal status: Public Record(s)
Language: English
Closure status: Open Document, Open Description

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C11952352

The one i posted on #2 on here was the certificate for naturalisation but this one is the application for naturalisation.[I would assume at a guess that this one would have more information on it been the application form]

HO 405 - Home Office: Aliens Department and successors: Aliens Personal Files, Applications for Naturalisation (ALP and IMP file series)
ZEMLA, T Year of birth 1916
This record has not been digitised and cannot be downloaded.
Reference: HO 405/64130
Description:
ZEMLA, T Year of birth 1916
Date: 1949 Jan 01 - 1950 Dec 31
Held by: The National Archives, Kew
Former reference in its original department: Z 5144
Legal status: Public Record(s)
Closure status: Open Document, Open Description
Access conditions: Closed Until 2018
Record opening date: 26 April 2018

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C14132215

Back