• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Taylors in Essex

Hello,whilst i am fairly new to the wonderful world of the internet and these sort of excellent sites,i have been researching my Taylor family history on and off for 20yrs.
My particular branches of the Taylors come from the Saffron Walden and Wimbish areas of Nth Essex,my 3xGreat Grandfather Allin (actually Allen or Allan-the spelling varies in different documents)was born in 1790 the 5th child of 8 son of Richard Taylor and wife Mary (maiden name unknown) he married Ann Stock in 1811 they had 6 children before she died aged 35 in 1825,December 1826 sees him remarried to Rebecca Coe who became a breeding machine producing 9 offsprings before she died of "child bed" aged approx 40 in 1841.
The 6th child of this union was Harriet born in 1833 she is my Great Great Grandmother,she managed to have an illigitamate son in 1851 called Thomas and another illigitamate son Allen in 1853 who is my great Grandfather,i believe the father of these 2 could have the surname Jarvis or possably Jervis.
Allen married a Noami Taylor (different branch of Taylors) who came from a long line of Wimbish Taylors they had 9 children including my Grandfather Oliver Aubrey Taylor born in Castle Street Safron Walden in 1879.
I have lots of information on great Aunts Uncles etc and families they married into including local names such as Housdens,Bassetts etc.
My main stumbling block concerns Harriet who disappears from Safron Walden in 1866,she appears in rating books in April that year but by Nov her rented room is empty,i have been unable to trace a marraige or death for her or find her in any cencuses after 1861,if anyone has any ideas i would love to hear from you or if think you may have some connection to my taylors please get in touch
Cheers for now Neil