• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

taylors of lancashire, liverpool

jack

Looking for any information on the Taylors of Lancashire.
George Bowes Taylor B1798, Durham married in Liverpool to 1. Sarah G Garside and then 2. Mary Ann Jefferson.
It is a very mixed up family as when George married his 2nd wife, he was widower and she was a widow. There are children from all marriages.
I am looking in particular to Mary and George's son George Jefferson Taylor B about 1852.

Thanks
Jackie

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
George Jefferson Taylor born year 1852 June 1/4 district Liverpool, Lancashire vol 8b page 209. Theres another one born 1892 June 1/4 dist Durham does he belong to yours.

Julie

jack

First one is the correct one thanks. Second one, I am not aware of. Does the second one give parents details?
First one emigrated to south africa not sure when, but he died in south africa in about 1917.
Trying to find when he was last in UK so I can try to locate the passenger list for him to south africa.
Thanks
Jackie

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Jackie,

It should have read George Jefferson Taylor born Tynemouth (not Durham) June 1/4 1892. Its looks like he both died in 1893 March 1/4Tynemouth.

Julie

Last edited: