• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Thank you to all!

pembsgal

Morning
A very Happy New Year to you all.

Am not mentioning names as there are too many but huge heartfelt thank you's go out to a certain Super Moderator here and lots of forum users who gave their free time to help me with their search.

I only started looking for my paternal Grandfather in September 2011 and had just a name to begin with, and a place he lived... a town name. Nothing else was known. Members helped me to find a possible name, date of birth, naval record etc.

They also pointed me in the right direction to living family members who could help me more.

The outcome is although Grandad died twenty years ago I now have a huge family with lots of cousins etc. Dad has a half brother - they didn't know one another existed, they plan to meet later this year.

Aunties have sent me no end of photographs and I am building up an album of who they were, what they were, where they lived etc.

It really has been quite a journey and although I pay for one geneology site all of my help has come from two free sites.

Thank you so much to everyone that has helped me and I will still be around as I have brick walls on maternal side.

Lots of love and best wishes
Jayne aka pembs