• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

The Potato Factory -

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Fry onions and a few spring onions with plenty of black pepper.
When nearly done add some sweetcorn and when cooked add a tin of tuna or flaked fresh tuna if you are the Queen:)
Cook slowly so it dosnt burn.......mix well,dont add salt because the tuna has enough.
After boiling potatoes mash well with a knob of butter or marg and a tad of hot milk or cream.....season the potatoes with a little pepper and salt.
Put the Tuna and onions into a pyrex dish or oven proof dish and then add the potato on top.....sprinkle with a grated cheese of your choice.
Put into a medium oven for 45 mins.......then dish up with a little fresh veg or i go for some sliced tomato's which are put in the oven on a tray with touch of olive oil and black pepper and cooked for the last 15 mins while the potato dish is cooking.

Easy cheap and potatolishus:biggrin:

Show off.:2fun::2fun:

gibbo

Loyal Member
I watched The Potato Factory today. With thanks to Joan who managed to track a DVD down for me. Thank you Joan:)

Im glad i finally got to watch this movie tho i was a bit disappointed in it.

Story line 6 out of 10
Acting 5.5 out of 10
Dad's taste in movies 5 out of 10 :rolleyes:

There were just some things that i didnt feel fitted right in the movie and i dont think it was Lisa McCune at her finest neither.

Over all opinion - Watchable [just]

I would be interested in your opinion on what you thought please Joan :biggrin:

joaning

Loyal Member
Hi gibbo, It was a mediocre movie, I just felt it was not the best I have seen.
Story 6-10
Acting 6-10
I can't comment on your dads taste in movies:confused::2fun:
I don't know him;)
I watched it but it wasn't a good performance by Lisa.
I'll have to find us a better aussie classic to critique gibbo.
Never mind, we got it and we watched it.
I've been waiting for you to get it and watch it,
I didn't give the pot away.:biggrin:
I'll give my copy to someone for a Christmas present redf)

I also bought "The Changling" with Angelina Jolie, now that was a good story.
One night I had fallen asleep in my recliner, and when I woke it was on tv,
I had missed the first 30 mins, so I bought a cheapie ex rental.
Cheers Jaon

gibbo

Loyal Member
Since my dad liked this movie i might give him a copy:2fun::2fun:

My kids were talking about a aussie movie the other day and said it was quiet good. I cant remember what it was callled, i must ask them.

gibbo

Loyal Member
One i did like was the mini series "All the rivers run" with Sigrid Thornton and John Waters.

All The Rivers Run follows the life of English girl Philadelphia Gordon, from the time when she is shipwrecked and orphaned off the coast of Victoria in 1890. She spends most of her life around Echuca, on the Murray River, and invests some of her inheritance in a paddle steamer. Her life is changed forever when she meets paddle steamer captain Brenton Edwards. Deli Gordon marries Edwards and gives up a blossoming career as a painter in Melbourne to live back in Echuca on the paddle steamer with Brenton.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
One i did like was the mini series "All the rivers run" with Sigrid Thornton and John Waters.

All The Rivers Run follows the life of English girl Philadelphia Gordon, from the time when she is shipwrecked and orphaned off the coast of Victoria in 1890. She spends most of her life around Echuca, on the Murray River, and invests some of her inheritance in a paddle steamer. Her life is changed forever when she meets paddle steamer captain Brenton Edwards. Deli Gordon marries Edwards and gives up a blossoming career as a painter in Melbourne to live back in Echuca on the paddle steamer with Brenton.

Chick flick.:p:p:p:2fun::2fun:

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Look i have seen both movies, Dirty Dancing and also the one im talking about and if mine is a chick flick what would you call Dirty Dancing then? Yours would be more the chick flick:p
I love 'Dirty Dancing', even if most of the acting is cheesy. Great music and dancing.:kissu:

And Cynthia Rhodes.......corrrr.!!!!!:kissu::kissu:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S WW1 Ancestry 6
A WW1 Ancestry 31
S Occupations & Work 2