• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

The Storm of Christmas Eve 2013

Hi Everyone.

I hope you have all weathered this storm.

I've got a 60' plus pine tree lying ing my garden, which has crashed through the fence at the botom of my garden, and smashed next doors wishing well! :2fun:

The guy next door is 5 short of a 6 pack, so I guess he will be going bonkers! You see the guy loves his garden, well love is not really the right word. I mean how many people clean the stones in their driveway, and prune bushes with sissors? And, this morning, he has a very large chunk of pine tree, which has splattered his beloved garden to bits!

And who sayes there isn't a Father Christmas? >:D

Happy Christmas on and all!

jay

Valued Member
Part of the town was flooded including the carpark of a local supermarket where in places the water was eight feet deep. Plans have been submitted to build a new shopping centre on this site. :eek:

Jay.

ianto73

Valued Member
Jay, that has brought back a memory. In Wellingborough, there was an area that flooded every year without any of the weather we've just experienced. This land was bought by Tesco and they spent huge amounts to ensure that it was drained and capable of being built on. As we all know, water has to find a route and in my humble opinion, after the construction had finished, the local river levels increased every year, surprise, surprise!:rolleyes: