• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

The Tudors had some surprising ways of getting around.

gibbo

Loyal Member
:eek:DW your dress is awfully close to that tyre. Or maybe it just looks close in the photo:confused:

You make that dress as well? :confused:

Last edited:

duckweed

Loyal Member
Yes I made the dress. Couldn't afford to get one made for me. Though bought a hat. So I used an Ann Boleyn dress pattern and altered it to fit a wealthy yeoman's wife based on Katherine Blythe's will describing her clothes. I have to wear it tomorrow again as I have an interview with local press. Not looking forward to wearing it as its heavy and hot.

We are planning on going into city centre me on scooter and other people in costume giving out leaflets.

duckweed

Loyal Member
When I get some more interesting pictures I'll post them. Son is dressing up to read Norton folk tales (similar to Grimm) collected by a local man in the late 19th early 20th called Sidney Oldall Addy.

Without Addy most of the old folklore of England would have disapeared.

Addy's father was a coal mine owner but Addy was a solicitor. Addy is one of the unsung heroes I think. If you look on the net you can find some of his work to download free.

gibbo

Loyal Member
When I get some more interesting pictures I'll post them. Son is dressing up to read Norton folk tales (similar to Grimm) collected by a local man in the late 19th early 20th called Sidney Oldall Addy.

Without Addy most of the old folklore of England would have disapeared.

Addy's father was a coal mine owner but Addy was a solicitor. Addy is one of the unsung heroes I think. If you look on the net you can find some of his work to download free.

How great is that, that your son is taking a interest and involved as well:)

duckweed

Loyal Member
I don't think my son is all that interested but he is a keen actor and never turns down an acting job.

He wen't down well. Got a whole crowd of children hanging onto his every word.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S FHUK General Chat Room 12